The Career and Technology Studies (CTS) Program is based to link students to occupations in today's technological world. Courses in the CTS department are offered in Ecole St. Patrick High School and in the new, award-winning Kimberlite Career and Technical Centre (KCTC).
We offer courses in:
- Computer Technology
- Design Studies
- Film Studies - We offer a 3 credit Film Studies course. In this course, the students will learn the basics of film making and in-line editing. Many of the students in this class have gone on to glory in our school's film festival.
- Food Studies - We offer both 3 and 5 credit courses in the Food Studies strand, presenting modules with a wide variety of topics ranging from basic to advanced cooking. We also have Food Studies Options for grade 9 students and Commercial Food Prep students can also earn CTS credits while working the Rock Cafe.
- Hair - We offer 3 credit Hair courses which are taught in our state-of-the-art cosmetology lab. The courses are taught by hair professional Elizabeth Ferrier.
- Information Processing - We have a brand new, state-of-the-art computer lab where the students can choose between many different technology-related modules. Most Information Processing classes allow the students to work at their own pace and also allows them to complete as many credits as they can within their time block.
- SNAP - Students who are working in a designated trade area may be able to earn Schools North Apprenticeship Program (SNAP) credits and hours towards an apprenticeship.
- Work Experience - Students who work can earn 1 Work Experience credit for every 25 hours they work at a paid or unpaid part-time job, up to a maximum of 15 credits. Proof of hours worked and an evaluation from the employer must be provided prior to credits being awarded. See the Career Counselor for more information.
For more information on the CTS department, please contact us at email@example.com or (867) 873-4888.